The Wee Free Men
by Terry Pratchett
"If you like monsters, myths and magical creatures you would like this book." D.P.
by Dav Pilkey
"Read this book because it is fascinating!" J.L.
In the latest school newspaper we have asked you some children's book trivia questions. Here are the answers:
- Who had an encounter with the three bears? Goldilocks
- What is the name of Winnie the Pooh’s donkey friend? Eeyore
- Who was created by Gepetto the woodcarver? Pinocchio
- Who is the bear in The Jungle Book? Baloo
- What kind of creature was defeated by the Three Billy Goats Gruff? a troll
- Who leads a gang of outlaws in Sherwood Forest? Robinhood
- Who stole Christmas in a Dr Seuss’ book? The Grinch
- Who is the druid in the Asterix books? Getafix
- What are the four Hogwarts’ houses called? Gryffindor, Slyterin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
- The Giraffe, The Pelly and who is the name of a Roald Dahl book? Me
Introducing our School Librarians.
So far the librarians have been working hard to get our library back up and running.
They have been helping during their class library sessions, keeping it tidy and writing their own book recommendations to encourage other children to read more (see below).
They have also been conducting surveys to see how the library can be used to its full potential.
Watch out for more great work from the librarians in 2023!
Books Recommended by the Librarians:
by Jacqueline Wilson
"You should read this book because it's really funny and silly." I.B.
Short Story Writing Competition winners coming soon........
James and the Alien Experiment
by Sally Prue
"You should read this book because it's fun for kids." F.O'B
I am a Tiger
by Karl Newson
"It is fun to read and a good book." J.S.
Wombat goes Walkabout
by Michael Morpurgo
"You need to read this book because it is lovely!" I.D.